Changing to solar heating in Illinois?
I'm so tired of the high heating bills. Would anyone know if it makes sense to go to solar heating in Illinois and is there any grant monies out there. If so how do I get it. Energy Audit Training – A Green Career, Whether The Economy Is Up Or Down
Yes there are options for grants and rebates for solar heating in Illinois.
* There is the Illinois State Solar Rebate of 30% of total solar system installation up to $10,000:
* Also a Federal Tax Credit of 30% of total cost for installed systems (residential solar water heating tax credit max is $2000.00, no max for solar electric or commercial solar water heating);
* Grants are directed toward non-profit organizations such as schools, charities and municipalities. Commercial businesses can also qualify in certain instances;
* Residential Property Tax Exemption for increased home value;
* Commercial Accelerated Depreciation of your solar equipment for business tax purposes.
Solar Heating Cost Benefits
$10,000 Solar System Installed Cost
-$3000 State Rebate
-$2000 Federal Tax Credit
$5000.00 = Your Year One Cost for Solar Heating Installation
(Increased Property Value of +$10,000)
Annual Energy Savings for this example $500-$1000
10 Year Energy Savings with energy cost inflation 7% annual = est. +$10,000-$20,000
20 Year Energy Savings = est. +$30,000-$60,000
In just 20 years this system has saved 6 to 12 times over the cost of the solar heating installation. While we can’t go back in time 20 years to install a solar heating system, the time is now to invest in a solar heating system and start saving on energy costs.
Also check out the and broader list of Illinois Incentives For renewable Energy .
Hope that helps!
Download a free preview copy of an effective home made wind generator plan here.
How To Build Your Home With Straw
The Great Green Movies Guide