Looking for a grant to install solar equipment on a business building
I'm looking for a grant to install solar equipment on a historic commercial building in Sacramento, CA. The location and orientation of the roof is ideal - we just need the money for the equipment and installation. Any clues?
Thank you for your inquiry. A mixed response for you:
Unfortunately, we cannot locate a grant for this purpose. There is this but it appears solely for purpose of a renewable energy-generating plant. Nevertheless we suggest you contact this Department directly to establish availability of any other incentives there, besides direct grants.
There is a Federal corporate depreciation scheme that might help. Under the businesses may recover investments in certain property through depreciation deductions.
Eligible renewable energy investments include:
* a variety of solar electric and solar thermal technologies
* fuel cells and microturbines
* geothermal electric
* direct-use geothermal and geothermal heat pumps
* small wind (100 kW or less)
* combined heat and power (CHP).
* The provision which defines ITC technologies as eligible also adds the general term "wind" as an eligible technology, extending the five-year schedule to large wind facilities as well.
Public Information - IRS
U.S. Internal Revenue Service
1111 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20224
Phone: (800) 829-1040
Web Site: http://www.irs.gov
Also, there is a new private solar PV rental scheme that may suit your purposes. We will contact you directly with those details.
Please share your experiences with this project here to help others.
Download a free preview copy of an effective home made wind generator plan here.
The Great Green Movies Guide